How Strong is your password? – Zurich
Want to know how strong your password is?
Zurich’s Data Protection Office offer a password checking facility, which is encrypted.
- Uses HTTPS – so your ISP can’t see your password
What’s wrong with it?
- It’s in German. So I’ll guide you… here we go….
- Stark = Strong
- Schwach = Weak
Where can I find it?
1. Look for box that says:
- DIE ZU = Enter your password
2. Then look for button that says:
- ZETZT UBERPRUFEN = check password
What criteria is it using?
- Optimal length is 10 characters
- A mix of number, upper and lower case.
- Use of punctuation or special characters
- It will check that you are NOT using:
- Strings on keyboard eg QWERTY
- abc sequences
If you can score 80 or above, well done, you’ve a secure password, to Swiss standards.