ENCRYPTION – 256 bit Encryption integrated into Windows Explorers’ Right Click Menu
Encryption (256 bit) integrated into Windows
If you are using cloud computing, it’s best to encrypt your files or folders, before they leave your computer. Dropbox has the best privacy rating of any cloud provider (EFF), so use Dropbox if you have to use a Cloud based system.
Using Kruptos means you can Right click the file, encrypt it, then right click and send to Dropbox.
- Kruptos offers 256 encryption, integrated into the Windows Right Click menu’s.
- Uses proven and unbroken Blowfish 256bit file encryption algorithms, no hidden back doors or secret keys.
- Safely transport your files on portable USB devices so if they are lost or stolen your data is safe and secure.
Step 1 – Download Kruptos
64 bit Kruptos
Step 2 – Install
Right click > Open
3. Setup – Stage 1
I Accept the Licence
That’s it – Kruptos is now installed.
Start> All programs > Kruptos 2 > Kruptos 2
Add a file to be encrypted
A. Within Windows Explorer, Right click the file, Encrypt (first option)
B. Within Kruptos Menu,
- Add file (or Add Folder)
- Browse to the file – or You can drag and drop the files within the main menu.
- Press the Encrypt Icon (Giant padlock icon)
- Enter Password
- Enter Password hint (a lifesaver if you can’t remember it)ENCRYPT button (at the bottom)
The right click menu in windows is much easier.
Kruptos has a function to shred files from once to 16 times. To increase security within Kruptos, pull the shred icon slider from 1 to 16.. this means to shred each file 16 times for maximum security.
In Windows Explorer, right click on the file, and Shred.
In Windows Explorer, right click on the file, and decrypt.
Forgotten your password – use the Password Hint
USB – Portable Encryption
If you wish to only encrypt files on a usb, select “Send to a different location”.
If you are using cloud, it’s best to encrypt your files or folders, to prevent cloud employees reading your them. Right click the file, encrypt it, then right click and send to Dropbox.
Even better news is that Kruptos insures you, as a person. So you can use Kruptos at home or work, as the licence is for you, not the computer.