Another great post by USF – A great blog if you’re interested in privacy or security issues, you might want to sign up.:)
US authorities asked for the personal data of 16,281 users/accounts in the first six months of 2012. Google will not say exactly how many the handed over, but 90% is implied to be a reasonable estimate.
Citizens of other countries, please refer to the report before celebrating too much.
* Some things Google knows about you, and will continue knowing for the foreseeable future (remember, computers don’t forget what you clicked on 6 years ago):
- Every email you have ever sent.
- Every email you have ever received.
- Every link you have ever clicked in an email
- Everything you have typed in the Google “chat” box, and everything your chatting partner said.
- Everything you have searched for on the web, while being logged in to your Google account.
- Google maps
- Picasa & Google albums
- …and much more, even about your connections’ connections, to a surprising degree – check out your Google profile for more.